This department is responsible for the collection and disposal of refuse from residential and commercial areas.
- Holiday Garbage Pickup Schedule
- Trash Collection Request Form (PDF)
- Map of Cohoes Garbage Collection Days (PDF)
- Commercial Sanitation Program please call 518-233-2139
- Residential Sanitation Program please call 518-233-2139
- Sharps Container Collection Information
- Single Source Recycling
- Curbside Recycling Guidelines (PDF)
- Map of Cohoes Recycling Collection Days (PDF)
- Everything You Need to Know About Recycling Brochure
Lawn and Leaf Bag pick-up will begin the week of April 12, 2021. Please place bags curbside the same day as your normal recycling pick up. Branches must be cut to 4 foot lengths and bundled.
This department is responsible for the maintenance of all City streets, curbs, gutters, sewer lines, and drainage facilities. City streets are cleaned by mechanical sweepers on a regular basis. Installation of signs for traffic control, street markings, parking lot maintenance.
This department is responsible for the production and distribution of water to over four thousand accounts. This includes the daily operation of the City's Water Filtration Plant, maintenance of existing water transmission lines, and water meter reading.
Combined Sewer Overflow Discharge Notification System
The Albany Pool Communities have jointly developed this web-based information service that provides easy access to alerts for potential for Combined Sewer Overflow (CSO) activity in the Capital region.
Note: The CSO Notification System currently only supports Microsoft Internet Browser (IE).