This department is responsible for the collection and disposal of refuse from residential and commercial areas.
- Holiday Garbage Pickup Schedule
- Trash Collection Request Form (PDF)
- Map of Cohoes Garbage Collection Days (PDF)
- Commercial Sanitation Program please call 518-233-2139
- Residential Sanitation Program please call 518-233-2139
- Sharps Container Collection Information
- Single Source Recycling
- Curbside Recycling Guidelines (PDF)
- Map of Cohoes Recycling Collection Days (PDF)
- Recycling Info Card
- Recycling Welcome Letter and FAQ's about the new cart
Note: Styrofoam can be placed along side the trash can in a clear plastic bag.
Lawn and Leaf Bag Collection Notice
Regularly scheduled lawn and leaf bag pickup will be suspended for the season as of Wednesday, December 7, 2022. Regularly scheduled lawn and leaf collection will resume in the Spring of 2023 (Further notice will be provided). Please note that lawn and leaf bags can NOT be dropped off at the city garage.
This department is responsible for the maintenance of all City streets, curbs, gutters, sewer lines, and drainage facilities. City streets are cleaned by mechanical sweepers on a regular basis. Installation of signs for traffic control, street markings, parking lot maintenance.
This department is responsible for the production and distribution of water to over four thousand accounts. This includes the daily operation of the City's Water Filtration Plant, maintenance of existing water transmission lines, and water meter reading.
Combined Sewer Overflow Discharge Notification System
The Albany Pool Communities have jointly developed this web-based information service that provides easy access to alerts for potential for Combined Sewer Overflow (CSO) activity in the Capital region.
Note: The CSO Notification System currently only supports Microsoft Internet Browser (IE).