Built in 1874 by James Masten and William Acheson, located at 58 Remsen St. the building leased space on the first two floors to entities such as the local Post Office, the Public Library and First National Bank.
The theater on the third and fourth floors hosted major touring acts of the day including Cohoes resident Eva Tanguay, Buffalo Bill Cody, John Philip Sousa, and General Tom Thumb to name just a few.
By the early 20th century the building had begun to fall into disrepair and the theater portion was closed. In 1968 the City of Cohoes purchased the building for one dollar, and the community came together to raise the necessary funds to restore the building and re-opened the theater to the public in 1974.
Today, the hall is a wonderful venue to see a play, a concert, a dance performance, attend a community event, and more! Visit the Playhouse Stage Company's Cohoes Music Hall website to see a list of their events and get information about purchasing tickets.